Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mediterrano

Name: Mediterrano
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Meal: Dinner
Server: Tracy
History: I am in town for business and my hotel had a coupon for a free appetizer. With my upcoming trip to Greece I was eager to try the cuisine.
Menu: Since I haven't been to Greece yet I can't really comment on the menu's authenticity, though I can say that it seemed right. There was a lot of lamb and Turkish things. I had a hard time deciding on one thing. I'd also like to comment that the servers all spoke with confidence about the menu and seemed to have personally had all of the dishes which is alway encouraging.
Food: They offer a complimentary appetizer of bread and Taramosalata which is 'whipped potatoes, lemon juice, olive oil and fish roe' it was really good! For my free appetizer I chose Gourgeres du Soleil which was little bagel like things with tomatoes and olives baked in. They then had smoked salmon in the middle and were served with a heaping pile of creamy gourgeres cheese. Yum! My entree was Penne al Pomodoro Fresco Basilico which isn't too exciting but it is on my diet :). It was penne with really fresh tomatoes and a olive oil. It was delicious! The Olive Oil was thick and dark and delectable as seen to the right. I learned that the owner's family actually makes it in Greece and ships it over. I bought some. :)
Atmosphere: The ambiance was great. It is set up to feel like a street cafe but there is art and statues all around that absorb the noise so it isn't overwhelming. I thought they did a great job. My server was very friendly and nice as was the rest of the staff.
Cost: $27 with tip (that doesn't include the $8 that was subtracted for my free appetizer or my $12 botle of EEVO)
Conclusion: 4 out of 5 stars (this may go up after I return)

No comments: